Maravia Repair kits come stocked with all the items you might need for an on the water repair.
Items included in the repair kit:
10″X15″ coated repair fabric – 10″X15″ floor repair fabric – 8 feet of 3″ bias tape – 4 oz can of Clifton – Sandpaper – Cheesecloth
**PLEASE NOTE WE CANNOT SHIP GLUE TO ALASKA, HAWAII OR ANY DESTINATION THAT AIR IS THE ONLY WAY TO RECEIVE YOUR SHIPMENT**
(800) TOP-RAFT | 602 E 45th St.| Boise, Idaho 83714
REPAIR KIT INSTRUCTIONS
*** Please Read Carefully Before Starting ***
THE MOST COMMON PROBLEMS WITH RAFTS OCCUR DUE TO EXCESSIVE HIGH PRESSURE AND HEAT AND/OR IMPROPER CARE DURING TRANSPORTATION. TARP YOUR RAFT WHEN TRANSPORTING IT AND FREQUENTLY MONITOR PRESSURE. HEAT FROM THE SUN AND THE GROUND CAN DRASTICALLY RAISE PRESSURE AND DAMAGE YOUR RAFT.
RECOMMENDED FLOOR PRESSURE: 1 TO 1.5 PSI | TUBE PRESSURE: 1.5 TO 2.5 PSI
1. If possible, the boat or tear should be moved to a clean, dry, flat area away from sunlight. Place an oar, box, or piece of wood under the area to be repaired to give a hard, flat surface to work the patch against.
2. All repairs on the river are best to be done with the 3” Bias Tape. The 3” Bias Tape is cut at a 45 degree angle of the fabric to allow for stretching. Later you can cover the tape with urethane material that matches your boat color for cosmetic purposes.
3. If the tear is more than 1 foot long, an inside patch should be applied first. This is more difficult than an outside patch, but will provide better air retention and insure the repair. Use bias tape for inside patches.
4. The Clifton one-part glue provided is ready to use. An applicator brush is attached to the lid. Always check your glue before leaving on a trip. It has a one-year shelf life.
5. Use the patch to trace around the area where it will be applied. For repairs on the urethane surface, THOROUGHLY SAND THE URETHANE SURFACE FIRST. Clean both the area and the patch with the cheese cloth dampened with MEK. Using the brush, apply a thin even coat of glue to both area and patch. Don’t miss any spots. Let dry. Apply a second thin, even coat to area and patch.
6. Let the glued surfaces become tacky, then starting on one edge, lay the patch over the area and press it on with your hand. Then, using the pusher set at a 45-degree angle, push across the patch area to remove all air and set the patch. Work the edge of the pusher along any ridges formed by underlying overlapped materials. If the glued surfaces dry before you can put them together, you can lightly wipe them with a damp cloth of MEK, to reactivate, wait until tacky gain, then apply. Or you can apply a third, thin coat of glue.
7. Let the patch cure for 1 hour before use. Do not pump to full pressure for at least 12 hours.
EXPERT TIPS: Avoid gluing an area much larger than the patch. Exposed glue will darken with age and is not cosmetically appealing. Be careful not to glue the inside of the tube together with the inside patch. Take your time. A patch with the bias tape will hold air on the river. A properly done patch is virtually impossible to remove without damage to the fabric. Don’t overuse MEK. Squeeze the excess out of your cheesecloth before using.
CAUTION: Glue and solvent should be used in a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with eyes and wounds. If ingested – DO NOT INDUCE VOMITING – contact a physician or poison control.
REPAIR KIT CONTENTS: ADDITIONAL ITEMS NEED (not supplied)
___ 10” X 15” Floor fabric ___ MEK (Methyl Ethyl Ketone)**
___ 10” X 15” Urethane Fabric: Raft Color ___ Scissors
___ 8’ 3” Bias Repair Tape ___ Single-edge razor blade
___ 4 oz. Clifton PVC/Urethane Adhesive *
___ 1 Valve Wrench/Pusher
* ITEM THAT NEEDS TO BE REPLACED ANNUALLY
** Clifton and/or Stabond Glue for PVC.
Maravia Repair Kit
Where to Buy
Cascade River Gear
604 E. 45th St. Boise, ID. 83714
304 Moore Ln. Billings, Mt. 59101
202 Oak St. Salida, CO. 81201
River Proof Expeditions
264 W 9TH PL S Mesa, AZ. 85201
Oregon Paddle Sports
520 Commercial St. STE K Eugene, OR. 97402
Free Lance Fishing and Guide Service
Robert Seay 123 N. Court St. Fayetteville, WV.
Hwy 82 Minam Elgin, OR. 97827
Utah Whitewater Gear
7307 South State St. Midvale UT 84047
The Stone Fly Shop
2205 Amherst Ave Butte, Mt. 59701
221 East Front St. Missoula, Mt. 59802
Down River Equipment
11937 W. I-70 Frontage Rd. N. Wheat Ridge, CO. 80033
Goodwater Boat Works
ASHLEY LEGALL 8605 NE 51ST AVE Vancouver, WA 98665
29891 HWY 34 SW ALBANY, OR 97321
Andy and Bax
324 SE Grand Ave Portland, OR 97214